To help you get messy in the kitchen this weekend, we searched high and low for an amazing cookie recipe. And what could be better than a chewy peanut butter one? The best part is, Nancy Whittington-Coates, the plus size blogger who used to run her own mail order bakery, gave us her secret recipe! Her blog is full of wonderful recipes just like this one and has lots of fashion & beauty advice too. For more on Nancy scroll down!
So be like Nancy, and whip yourself up a delicious weekend treat. Perfect for friends coming to visit, for a romantic tea time, or even for a cheeky nibble on the sofa, alone with your favourite TV show.
We don't mind how you eat them - but here's how to make them:
The Best Ever Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
(makes 12 large cookies)
60g unsalted butter, softened
60g soft brown sugar
50g dark brown sugar
65g icing sugar
195g plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp sea salt
1 large egg, at room temperature
125g natural peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
60ml sunflower or vegetable oil
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
caster sugar for sprinkling
1. Preheat your oven to 180C/350F and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
2. Beat together the butter and sugars with an electric mixer for at least two minutes until the mixture is pale and fluffy.
3. While this is mixing, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
4. Scrape down the sides of the butter and sugar bowl and beat in the egg until fully combined.
5. Mix the peanut butter, oil and vanilla extract in to the butter mixture.
6. Add half the flour mix and stir in well, then add the second half and mix until just combined.
7. Put large spoonfuls of the cookie dough on to your lined tray, leaving a good amount of room between them as they spread - try 4 cookies per tray.
8. Grab a fork and press it down twice in opposite directions on to the cookie mounds to get a criss cross pattern and then sprinkle generously with caster sugar.
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes depending how crisp you like them - 10 minutes makes the cookies nice and chewy with a just toasted edge.
These delicious cookies will keep for up to 4 days in an airtight container - if they last that long!
More About Nancy...
We've already told you about how she used to have her own bakery and comes up with superb recipes. Other than food, Nancy's blog
focuses on fashion and beauty, with a strong body-positive message behind it saying, "I want, need you to know that there is more to life than your dress size
" - which is why we love her! She has a ton of advice including style trends, fashion picks
and more! If you're looking for some plus size inspiration, she's your go to girl. And we're not the first to notice. Nancy has featured in lots of plus size magazines (once on the cover!) and modelled for various plus size brands. What an inspiration!